COVID-19 Vaccinations in Somerset
Last updated: 21 October 2022
Here you will find all the latest information you need about getting your Covid-19 vaccination Somerset.
Somerset COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
The Covid-19 vaccination is our first line of defence against the coronavirus and the very best way to keep communities safe.
– The Autumn Booster and general Booster programme ended on the 12th February.
– A Spring Booster vaccination programme begins on the 17th April for the following groups:
* Those aged 75 and over
* Those aged 5-74 with a compromised immune system
* Adults in an older persons Adult Care Home
All eligible people will be contacted in order to make their appointment. Appointments will be widely available across Somerset. Bookings for the 17th April onwards will become available to book via the National Booking service online or by calling 03005610017 from the 5th April.
Note. The Spring Booster will cease on the 30th June 2023 (pending further advice for future vaccinations from the JCVI).
– An evergreen offer of 1st & 2nd jabs for anyone who has yet to have theirs will remain available for the time being. These are available to anyone aged 5* and over (*must be aged 5 before 1st September 2022) and appointments can be made via the national booking service. This offer will cease on the 30th June 2023 (pending further advice for future vaccinations from the JCVI).
Who is eligible for a vaccination or booster?
We are offering:
- 1st and 2nd vaccinations for all eligible over 18’s
- 1st and Second vaccinations for children aged between 5-11
(children who turned 5 on or after 1 September 2022 can only get a 1st and 2nd dose of a COVID-19 vaccine if they’re either: at high risk due to a health condition or because of a weakened immune system OR
living with someone who has a weakened immune system.
Further guidance can be found here:
- 1st and second vaccinations for 12 -17’s
- A roving service to offer vaccinations to those who are homebound
- Appointments can be made online or by calling 03005610017.
Details about eligibility from the JCVI can be found here.
Our hard-working vaccination teams and volunteers are there to make vaccination clinics run as smoothly as possible. Please remember to be kind.
Become a volunteer for the Somerset Covid Vaccination programme
If you have a few hours to spare and want to get involved in a worthwhile cause, you could consider a volunteering role, supporting the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Somerset.
So far over 1,400 Somerset residents have volunteered to support the programme, volunteering at vaccinations sites across the county; it’s been a real team effort, but we still need more people to come forward and offer their time. Volunteers provide crucial support to the programme by marshalling in car parks, and helping people move through the vaccination centre. They also help to ensure that social distancing is followed and identifying people who need additional support or advice. The role is flexible and full training is provided to those who volunteer.
Spark Somerset is helping to coordinate all of the volunteer stewards and marshals – so if you are interested in becoming part of an amazing team, working to protect our community please click here to register your interest: www.sparkachange.org.uk – and where you’ll find hundreds of other ways to volunteer in Somerset too!
HOW TO GET YOUR VACCINATIONS
It’s easy and straight forward to get your jabs. You can either book an appointment via
BOOK: You can book via the National Booking Service online or by calling 03005610017.
COMMUNITY PHARMACIES HAVE PLENTY OF COVID-19 VACCINATION SLOTS TO HELP PROTECT OUR SOMERSET COMMUNITY.
As well as our dedicated vaccination clinics, community pharmacies in Somerset are playing their part in helping our community get vaccinated, as quickly and easily as possible; offering them the best protection against covid.
To book, call the National Booking service on 119 or go online.