Digital First Primary Care (GP Online Services)
Order repeat prescriptions, access your medical record and manage your appointments online.
There are additional ways for you to contact your GP practice team other than calling them on the phone. You can contact your practice online through a link on their website or you can use the GP online services.
It is possible to order repeat prescriptions, access your medical record and manage your appointments online.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits of being able to access your health information and GP practice services, these include:
- Access wherever and whenever you like
- Avoid waiting on the phone when trying to book routine appointments
- Easier to manage your healthcare.
This video (from NHS England) tells the story of Marilyn, who believes her care has benefitted from GP Online Services.
What if I don’t have a computer, tablet or smartphone?
If you do not have a computer or do not know how to use one, Somerset libraries and SPARK Somerset can help. SPARK Somerset have support available through their Spark iT programme which offers a free IT helpdesk, 1-2-1 support and a device loan scheme (available via referral by a health care professional). The Spark iT Helpdesk is available to anybody in Somerset who is digitally excluded and can support people with a range of activities, from using IT equipment, to staying connected online, to accessing local support and services that could improve their health and wellbeing.
The Spark iT Help Desk is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm. Call 01458 550977
Computer training courses at your local library
Many Somerset libraries offer training and support to help you access online information which can be tailored to your individual needs.
Here are just some of the services available:
- Courses available for those who are unable to use a computer
- Courses for those who wish to search the internet for health information
- Support for those who wish to use GP Online Services via their GP practice website
- Access to computers for those who do not have their own
- Support with using your own device (such as an iPad or a tablet).